Monday, June 16, 2008

Violet's one

Today Violet turned one. She had two parties, one with her friend Eli who turned one yesterday and one with our family today. The theme for the party with Eli was the beach so we each made a cake with a beach ball on it and each kid around the age of Violet and Eli took home a ball.

Violet wasn't too interested in her cake.
After a rough start, Violet Jane has turned into a smart little girl. Here's a snapshot of Violet at one:
Favorite activity: Clinging to mom and sucking on her fingers (it's a toss up)
Favorite food: Milk and sweets
Eye color: Brown
Height: Tall
Weight: Thin (we still have to take her to her one year's doctor appt)
Personality: Strong willed
Hair color: Brown
Walking yet?: No, but loves to crawl. Starting to bear crawl with no knees and it looks pretty funny
Talking yet?: Makes sounds that resemble words. These sounds include mama, dada, baba, go, night night, bye bye and a(men) at the end of a prayer
Enjoys: turning the pages of books, following Ava around, digging in the dirt and swimming

I haven't had time to make a video of Violet, but I have every intention of doing it. So look forward to a Violet video soon!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Violet's one! Wow. That's so exciting. We just can't believe how fast time flies! Everyone told us, they were right. :) She's so cute.

Daphne Crook said...

This is going to sound weird, I'm sure. My mom, Laurie Carleski, is looking for your mom Jacquline Hocklander. They knew each other in Illinois while your dad was getting his degree and my dad was getting his. She knew of two children, Becca, and Hannah. She would really like to get in touch with her. If I have the right family, let me know and I can pass on my mom's email address so your mom can write her. Thanks! Cute family by the way.

Sarah said...

Daphne - I am not Jackie's daughter, but love her like a daughter just the same :) I can get you in touch with her though so please e-mail me at thepaxtons@gmail.com