Monday, May 5, 2008

"Boogers Stuck"


Ava was playing with a mechanical pencil eraser and some legos while I was re-living my childhood reading Corduroy Gets a Pocket. At the end of my second read through - Grandma came into the room. I looked over and Ava had her finger up her nose (as most 2 year olds do). I asked if she need a tissue, she said,"No, boogers." So I said, "Let's get a Kleenex." Then she said, "Boogers Stuck."

During the whole half a second in which this conversation took place I was thinking of what she was playing with. Grandma asked if she had a lego stuck in her nose, and of couse I thought no. So I looked up her nose and sure enough there was a little while round object stuck.

Grandma and Grandpa, KC, Audrey, Riley, Spencer, the missionaries and a new member all came into the kitchen and Grandma and Grandpa seemed to have a plan. They had a weird look on their face .. and when I realized someone had to blow on Ava's mouth I realized why. So after I learned what to do, I held Ava, leaned her back, blew on her nose and held closed the open nostril. After a hard blow, the eraser flew across the room and a booger landed on my face.

But it was out! No emergency room visit! Apparently Grandpa learned to do this in his Child Development class at BYU. Thank goodness for BYU Child Development!!

3 comments:

Coopers said...

That's a great story! She is totally a child of Tyler!

Tenille said...

Hi Sarah & Tyler! Couldn't help but to laugh when I read this... oh the joys of parenthood! We love your blog!

You can visit us at
lilnortonclan.blogspot.com

Hope to see you soon!

The Dalton Family said...

Hello Sarah! What a wonderful story. Gotta love children. But also thankful for grandpas. We enjoy reading your blog. Check us out at richandhollydalton.blogspot.com.

Much love from Alaska

Holly