Wednesday, May 21, 2008

But I like Archuletta

Here's how I see American Idol shaking out:

Point Archuletta - Good looking, young, probably a lot of little girls voting for him. I see him making maybe pop hits, but more adult contemporary/top 40 hits. Most consistent.

Point Cook - When he's good, he's really good. Reminiscent of Chris Daughtry, and everyone probably thinks he should have won looking back. He also has a lot of raw musical talent as far as arrangements that work.

Minus Archuletta - Messed up words once. Kind of boring in the past couple shows, although he wasn't boring last night.

Minus Cook - Song choice last night. Collective Soul?? He totally dated himself on that one. His performance was really terrible in my opinion.

Conclusion - I'm more likely to buy an Archuletta CD. But I would buy Cook's singles. I already had Imagine stuck in my head from the plane ride because I downloaded it from iTunes. But on the same token, I downloaded Cook's Billy Jean. They're already both stars.

1 comments:

Marissa said...

I'm sure you meant "Chris" Daughtry. LOL
I have a check for you for the dresses. I'll bring it Sunday. Thanks!