Monday, February 2, 2009

Sunday night fun

I got our old camera up and running for a bit last night.





I have been really blessed that over Ava's nearly three years, I have only spent probably around $200 on clothes .. ever! Yes, my children don't look as stylish or as cleaned up as I would like, but I simply cannot rationalize buying clothes for them when they have Christmas, birthdays and grandmas who love to buy them clothes. Most of them are second hand, but that's ok! We don't have the money in the bank, and I've been paying the bills for the past year, and I know exactly how much we have and don't have. I would much rather put our money to use when they're older teenagers are really care about the clothes they wear. Until then, I'm making sure my kids are happy and healthy and making the clothes they wear less of a priority. I try to avoid going to stores or shopping like the plague. The less often I go to the store, the less money I'm going to spend.

One of my mom's theories about why the economy is so bad is simply that there are too many stores. People don't NEED so much STUFF! I love this.

1 comments:

KC said...

Ava and violet look so cute together. I miss them. I'm sure Ava misses me.