Monday, March 8, 2010

Blogging sorts of days

The weather has taken a marked improvement over the past few days. I love el nino years! March is definitely coming in like a lamb, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it go out like a lion. But until then, we are enjoying blue skies and the ever melting snow. We have taken a couple walks and breathed some fresh air. There is nothing like the arrival of spring.

I have finished a couple projects. Here is a little outfit I made. Hoods and collars are still a challenge to make, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. If only I had an unlimited budget at Joanne's!


Last week Tyler was on winter break (or was it spring?) We headed to the Ford Rouge plant with our museum adventure pass - free checked out from the library - and learned about where Henry Ford made the first cars. This plant still manufactures the F-150s but you couldn't take any pictures. There were a couple movies and examples of all the cars that have been manufactured there. The building is also LEED certified, so it has a lot of green features.

For some reason when I saw this I teared up. The whole father-son thing. Way emotional lately, wouldn't you say?

On the bus ride there.

Today I thought we had playgroup. Of course, it's not until next week, so Ava was really really disappointed. Our neighbors came over and played for a bit, next up we made some paper mache. I think we're going to make them into eggs for easter once they dry, and then make some gingerbread cookies. Here it is "in progress."


On Sunday we also visited some friends. You may recall Heather's wedding last summer. Heather and Hai moved out of our house and are now homeowners! I forced Heather to take this picture with me - she's due July 7th. Not only did she move yesterday but she has been sick poor thing. She's having a girl - Audrey Laine (sp?). Amy and I helped her unpack some clothes and then just sat around for a while. Anyway, it was fun to get together.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Cutest little outfit! I'm impressed.