Friday, March 26, 2010

Tired

The past couple weeks we have been busy! Last week we all packed up and stayed at my Grandma Culver's house for the week while my dad was out of town. She has dialysis three times a week and has a helper take her, but needs someone to be there at night. We all had a good time, caught up with old friends, made some yummy dinners, and enjoyed the nice weather. We did the final clean up of our old house and the new renters moved in. It felt so good to work at the house!

Just as we were ending our week Ava got a cold that lasted a week, Tyler got a cold, and Violet just got her cold this week. I have not gotten mine yet, but usually get mine last.

Perhaps I am fighting off a cold, or perhaps I am just nearing the third trimester, but I am DOG TIRED. Basically I can do a couple loads of laundry, check my favorite websites and keep the kitchen somewhat clean. But picking up all the tissues, toys, clothes, books, backpacks, dog toys, etc., is just too much. I'm 27 weeks, which is exciting. The baby moves all the time. We're still undecided on a name. We'll probably go in with a short list and then pick which ever name fits.

In other news my mom sent some adorable clothes for the girls that they play with all day. Our generous neighbors gave us a box of their unwanted boy clothes (the boy-piles are slowly growing), and I've been working on a PR proposal. It's been nice to get back into the groove of writing. I do enjoy it, and really enjoy working from home a small amount. Tyler got a very part time (5-10 hours a week) internship reviewing business plans before they get sent to venture capitalists and other professionals around the state, and has a few other opportunities he's working on. This weekend he is in North Carolina at Wake Forest for another business plan competition. I am very proud of him and am finally able to (somewhat) relax that this whole internship search thing is nearing an end. It has been very very trying for me.

This quarter instead of classes he is doing a project for a company that is considering the start of manufacturing parts for solar panels. Tyler loves alternative energy.

These are most of the nitty gritty details of our student lives. :)

0 comments: