Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Motherhood and the Rearing of Children

Last weekend was our church's semi-annual General Conference. I seriously loved it. Twice a year we get to hear directly from prophets and apostles what the Lord would like us to hear. Is it a message of love? Is it an answer to prayer? I could just feel the Holy Ghost so much in our home it was wonderful. I am definitely going to have to go and listen to a few talks again.

One of the most striking talks was this one. Although the message is had to hear when babies don't come as you want, it had many other important messages for me. One: marriage, and the decisions you make in it are a partnership between you, your spouse, and the Lord. You may say this, but is the Lord taking an active role in how we decide things? Two: Don't judge others. Three: Things may be tight financially when raising children, but that is what will bring the most happiness. Four: We need more little LDS babies!

If you're still reading this post consider this message from a Christian blogger who is not LDS. If I had time to blog all my thoughts, perhaps I could have written this expression and twisting of the world's view versus our Heavenly Father's. Right on, sister :)

0 comments: