Wednesday, April 29, 2009

On the life change that is about to happen

As we're packing up our house and evaluating all we've crammed into the basement, attic, 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, dining room, living room, foyer, porch and garage, it's sort of a weird feeling. When we moved in we didn't know that Ava would be born 9 mos. later, but it was a good "settled" feeling. We were employed, we had a car and health insurance. This is the opposite feeling I am experiencing now. I don't know exactly what is going to happen while Tyler is in school. What projects he'll be a part of, what grades he's going to get, what companies he'll end up working for, who our friends will be, if I'll be lonely, etc., etc., etc. And all of this is going to end in 2 years where I will once again be confronted with sort of the same questions: where will we live? what kind of job are we going to have? will we be able to pay off the massive debt we are about to incur?

So if you have any questions of me about these topics the answer I'm telling you now is: I don't know.

What I do know is that going to school is the right decision. We have prayed, studied and pondered our decision and know that it is the best option. We are blessed to have friends renting our house for a year so our family will all be living and going to school in the same city.

I am also increasingly thankful that we are homeschooling the kids for now. With all the pandemics and bad examples our kids have to face, I believe that although I will not shelter my kids, I will do whatever I can to make their life better. As someone said to me a couple weeks ago, "You're really lucky." Coming from a working mom with grown children that means a lot. I am lucky, or blessed, to be able to stay at home. A few dollars is not worth the time that I'm spending, and enjoying with my children.

1 comments:

T and B said...

So... Where are you guys going for school?