Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Moved In

We're moved in to the in-laws as of last Monday. We've had a really good time so far ... maybe too much fun? Always having an aunt, uncles, and grandma and grandpa around is probably spoiling all of us. The movers were supposed to show up to get all our house stuff today, but they didn't show. Hopefully they'll show tomorrow. Here are some highlights:

Playing Mr. Potato Head




Hanging outside.

This is when Ava was making bird nests with Audrey. We've been taking long walks, runs and have enjoyed being outdoors a lot. It's different living in the country. No busy roads or even paved roads for that matter. It's so nice to just walk and listen to nature and be quiet for a minute. It also smells really good. This is the front yard.

Aunt Audrey with her favorite girls.


Without a house to maintain, Tyler decided to plant a garden. Not just any garden, a 15' x 30' garden. If you know Tyler this may make you laugh. Complete with just about every vegetable you can think of. I'm particularly curious if the pumpkins and watermelon grow because they have never grown at our house. Today they made a fence around the garden so the deer won't eat all the plants. I'll take a pic of that later. But it's taller than Tyler. Deer are a real problem when it comes to gardens in Mi.


The plan.

I'm making dinner twice a week for 10 people and it's interesting. No more just throwing things together, I have to actually plan to make it appear as if I know what I'm doing as a wife and cook. HA I think I have them fooled. Last night I made baked chicken nuggets, broccoli and cauliflower, and banana pudding. It took 12 chicken breasts, half a huge container of italian seasoned breadcrumbs, two sticks of butter and four baking pans.

I don't know what I'm going to cook tomorrow night, any suggestions? It feels good to cook for a lot of people though. I can't wait until our family is at the point where it doesn't matter if a friend or two show up because I have to make so much food it doesn't even matter. :) Sigh...

1 comments:

lee said...

I love Tyler for his brilliancy in planning. If only I could be half as genius as he is! Good luck with the Garden. Deer can be real pests!