Thursday, May 28, 2009

Violet's first haircut and parties

We got a zoo pass this year and I am so excited to use it. It was $64 for a family pass and we already have made up the cost. Now we just need to learn how to pace ourselves when we go. It's hard because I want to do it all every time! Here's some pics:

The "spitting" frogs.


Lunchtime!


The Wiebes had us over for a party. Violet did the slip n slide for the first time. She didn't like it. Good thing we're going to another indoor water park next week. I assume I will get to hold her the whole time while she curls up and sucks her fingers.


Ava really liked it.

The person who liked it the most was daddy though :)


Then it was time for a haircut. Ava's hair has been out of control and getting really long. My goal was to take one inch off overall then do an a-line layer. Ambitious, I know. Especially because I am not good with girl hair. Guy hair, bring it on. Girl hair, scary! I would give my efforts a 60%. The layer in the back looks really uneven, but Ava was so excited she kept moving her head around. I also didn't have any suckers this time. I think the suckers are the key to getting her to stay still.



Then it was Violet's turn. This is Violet's first real haircut. Not because it was long, just that it was so fine on the ends (baby hair!) it was constantly getting tangled and knotted. It's kind of fun to cut really curly hair. Especially when you can't tell if it's even or not. In fact, with really curly hair, I think it's an advantage to have it a little uneven.



This speaks for itself.

Ciao!

0 comments: