Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Little Man

One year ago, as my mom said, I was hopelessly complaining that my skin was hurting. You see, I was about to deliver a 9 lb 7 oz baby. Not an easy task for a 5'2" girl.

Today I still bear some of those scars, but it is with the greatest joy in my heart that I can say that North is one! I am so proud of him, and the sweet, joyful, stubborn kid that he is. The past year has been full of spit-up, constant cloth diaper changes, laundry, 100% breastfeeding (NO FORMULA EVER!), crawling, laughing, sleepless nights, cute smiles, countless pictures and snuggles. I am extremely proud of myself for still nursing him and cloth diapering. As my mom also says, "The first birthday is really for the mom." So today is my day too. I survived. I am proud. There is something really special about mothers and sons. It seems like these precious years are just going to fly by. I love him so much. His future is bright. He has a higher calling - more than I could ever imagine - and I am already proud of the little man he has become.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Kay, this almost made me cry. I'm so proud of you, too!!! Happy birthday little man!