Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My first 5K

I did my first 5K! I can't believe I did it to be honest. I have never classified myself as a "runner." I get winded easily, super sore, I have short legs, my face turns bright red, etc., etc. But running really isn't that bad once you start. See the girl in the second picture? The blurry one in the pink shirt? She's a runner, and she did the race with her husband in the blue.

It was at Cranbrook, a beautiful private boarding school and museum on gorgeous grounds. It's very close to where the Detroit LDS temple is on Woodward.



Cheese!


The course was hilly, on dirt, pavement and woodchips. Very pretty. But I really wasn't enjoying the beauty but it did give you a change of scenery.


The three of us. Tobey, myself, and my workout partner Michelle. Michelle and Tobey grew up together in Kayesville, UT, and just happened to move here into the same ward!


My time was decent. My goal was 30 minutes or less, but I ended up coming in around 31. My watch died (thanks kids), and then I lost track of what K I was on, but passing people who were near puking was a great feeling. Not gonna lie.

0 comments: