Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Outdoor Time!

If you've never seen a sheep being sheared you have to. It is so amazing. What struck me is how many times in the scriptures we are talked about as "sheep." I understand sheep to be tame, and go with the flow, but watching this you realize how they are truly obedient to their masters. The sheep-shearer literally flipped the sheep into a human sitting position and started with the intimidating shearing. Not a flinch. He did about four other turns/flips to the sheep so the fleece was in one giant piece and the sheep didn't even "BAA" or squirm or anything! Wow, I could take some notes from that sheep. If only I didn't make a peep when going through a difficult or uncomfortable experience!

 



I love the eyes in this picture.

 

 Can you make out the sheep and the fleece?

 

 While Grandma was in Utah and mom was running errands on a crazy day Grandpa, Dad, Spencer and Riley decided to teach a 6 year old how to ride a go cart. Yeah. Scary.

 

 She did crash once into a tree because the thing is really hard to turn. But she had a blast.

And last, but certainly not least, we went to a spur-of-the-moment Detroit Tigers game. The seats were seriously awesome and the tickets were free! Tyler bought a pizza and nachos to eat, but I couldn't eat either. So I had to stretch the Paleo diet rules and get two hot dogs without the bun. Tasted exactly like the hot dog I make at home only these cost $10.

.

 There was a large family sitting behind us. The quote of the night from one of the little boys was, "Mom, can I take my pants off? I'm hot." I turned around and smiled at the mom with a knowing look. Hilarious.

1 comments:

Miriam said...

You are doing such fun things! Where did you go to see the sheep? Where do you look to find good deals on Tiger's tickets?