Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A little project



I've been working hard on knitting some leg warmers as baby presents. I'm a complete knitting novice, but for little kids and babies, I think these are really easy! For the girl ones I knit 2 pearled 2, casting on 36 stitches. I then did a criss-cross all the way down along the seam. I chose pink and brown. For the boy ones I did a plain brown, and stuck to casting on 36. I knit 2 pearled 2 for about two inches. I then knit a row then pearled a row to get the plain area. I made them approximately 12 inches long (maybe a little shorter). Babies are so small!

I think leg warmers are a cute option instead of tights or snow pants. They also pad little knees as babies start to crawl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah these are so adorable! You did such an awesome job! I love the pink ones! :)

Jacqueline Mohamed said...

You are amazing! how do you find the time to do these things????