Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I've been distracted

I've been really distracted lately, hence no blogging. I guess there's been a lot going on. So here's a quick recap.


Ava licking the batter off of a beater for the 12 dozen frozen molasses cookies I made for a cookie dough exchange. This is the best holiday exchange ever! You're not stuck with a million cookies you have to use right away, and you can even use them as little drop off gifts. All you do is invite 11 people over who each agree to make 12 dozen cookie dough balls. Each dozen is in a separate bag with the cookie recipe. Then you all meet for lunch or just quickly one morning or afternoon, and pick one bag of cookies from each person. Of course, you get one dozen of the cookies you made. Just make sure you put them in a freezer asap so they stay in balls and not a mushy mess. :) It's Tyler's favorite holiday activity if eating them counts.


Violet suffering through four molars all coming in at once. Hey, it's what you get for not getting teeth until you're 18 months old!

I should photoshop this picture so you can see exactly where Ava's letters are for her name, but she wrote her entire name, all 3 letters in the correct order for the first time!!! She wanted me to write Eli's name (her best friend other than Morgen), and then she wrote her name underneath. You can see her upside-down A's and then the V is half-erased sort of next to the I. She was very proud when she got to hold it and I took her picture.

For the rest of the week she went on a coloring spree. The walls (yes, there were little people and A's on the newly-bright white molding), floors, feet, face, sheets and bedding. Last night after she colored on and ripped holes in our down comforter ... we went through the whole house and picked up all the writing utensils and put them on top of the fridge.

This of course was after earlier in the day when her and Violet got out a muffin tin and filled it with an entire container of salt, half a container of ground ginger and all the yellow and blue food coloring. Apparently they were cooking. I was trying to be a good wife and iron Tyler's shirts. I promptly put the stool that they constantly fight over and use to climb on the counters outside with the SNOW.

Yes, it's been snowing for about a week now. It's been cloudy and gray. I always struggle this time of year because of the ever-present grayness.

Tyler Quotes:
"Check your email" - He got an interview with U of M's MBA program!!! YEAH! I cried.
"Did I ever tell you about the time I slept on top of a wardrobe?" - Classic ...

2 comments:

Our3angels said...

Careful, it won't be long before the kids realize the stool isn't for fighting over, it's for teaming up together to get those writing utensils off the fridge!

Magic Eraser works well to get crayon marks off walls. I'm not sure what the ingredients are in it though, so you might want to research it first.

The Dalton Family said...

Your girls are adorable. Kids do crazy things like that, my mom used to tell me how she would wake up a lot of mornings with me on the kitchen table making kool-aid (but really just dumping the whole canister of sugar in the pitcher). They will be fun memories later. :)