Thursday, May 27, 2010

Almost 36 weeks

I guess you could say I am in the home stretch here, but at 36 weeks I am caught between two emotions: "it's going too fast, it is exciting having a new life inside you, we waited SO long for this" and "I am so tired, my belly is huge, let's get this over with!"

I had a Dr. appt yesterday and everything went really well. The Dr. was tired from doing c-sections all night (I am choosing to ignore this) but talked to me about the hospital, moving around, when to go, how they rotate Dr.'s, birthing positions, etc. I am still completely happy with the hospital we chose to deliver at. My belly is measuring 1.5 cm ahead of due date which is in the normal range. I have gained more weight with this boy than the girls, so that makes me concerned, but not too much. It means I will have more sweating to do this summer I guess. "Keko" is moving a lot still but has slowed slightly. I am dialated to a 1, which is awesome, considering I never dialated before true labor started with the girls. He is also head down, which is great, because sometimes I feel constant movement "down there" and I was a little worried. The Dr. said she could feel his head :) All I did was positive thinking and tried not to stress about it too much.

In trying to cherish every moment of this pregnancy it makes me more sentimental and weepy. We can't wait to meet our little bundle and have been truly blessed by the family and friends we have around us.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I need pictures. Okay, okay, I just spent four whole days with you, but still.... I need pictures!!!

I love you and miss you and can't wait for you to come visit me with that little baby Keko!